Military Servicemembers mostly do not have the choice on who provides them medical care. You go to the doctor available. And most of the time, there isn’t a lot of questioning when it comes to your medical care. Well when you get out of service, it’s something you need to take a closer look at. Today I’m talking with Darwin Hale, author of Need to Know: How to Arm Yourself for the Healthcare Battlefield. He is talking with me about ways to help Servicemembers and their families take ownership of their health to by learning about the healthcare system.
The MilMoney Movement podcast guest today is Darwin Hale. He is the CEO of Advocate Health Advisors, a company he founded to help people make the best decisions about their healthcare. Darwin served 30 years in the military, ranging from peacekeeping operations to combat with US Special Operations Command in support of the Global War on Terror. In this episode, Darwin shares with us what Servicemembers need to know about managing their health plus the healthcare system when they leave military service.
In this episode we talk about:
- What you need to know about the healthcare system
- Why understanding the healthcare system matters
- Budgeting for healthcare
- Physical fitness and healthcare system benefits
- Common healthcare mistakes to avoid
- Need to Know by Darwin Hale
- Advocate Health Advisors
- The Star Rating Help
- Leapfrog Data
- Against the Gods by Peter Bernstein
Thank You for Podcast Reviews!
We appreciate your review of Military Money Movement Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, iHeart Radio and Stitcher. It helps us make this podcast better and better. Plus it helps other people find us.
Connect With Us
- Subscribe to MilMoney Movement + The Military Money Expert™️
- Subscribe to the Military Money Movement Podcast on Apple or Android
- Follow us on Twitter: MilMoney Movement & Lacey
- Follow us on Instagram: MilMoney Movement & Lacey
- Like us on Facebook: MilMoney Movement & Lacey
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel & Lacey
These notes may contain links to our affiliate products or services which means we might get compensation when you click or buy. That said, we are only going to put affiliate links that are in line with our podcast discussion.