Creating a successful and portable business doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time and sacrifices to make it happen. In episode 10 of the Military Money Movement Podcast, hosts Hank Coleman and Lacey Langford are talking with, Jen Pilcher, an expert on military life topics, Senior Strategist for Crosby Marketing Communications and founder of MilitaryOneClick. Jen pulls from her more than 15 years of marketing and media experience and her personal experience as a Navy spouse, to empower the lives of active duty personnel, reservists, veterans, and military spouses.
In our interview, we discuss her journey creating and building MilitaryOneClick and the lessons she learned along the way. We also talk with Jen about her new position with Crosby Marketing Communications and the work she is doing for the military community with clients like Military OneSource and Disabled American Veterans (DAV).
In this episode we discuss:
- Paying yourself as a business owner
- Hiring your first employees
- Patriot Boot Camp
- Business mentors
- Career transitions
- Military spouse employment
- Finding a balance between family and business
This week’s Game Time is Gary Vaynerchuk Trivia.
The history of Gary’s birthplace, Belarus
Gary Vaynerchuk Books
- Crush It
- Thank You Economy
- Jab, Jab Right Hook*
- Ask Gary Vee
- Crushing It
- *Jen’s favorite Gary Vee book
What’s on Lacey’s Mind
This week it’s how the heck does the British Royal Family make money? I must know!
- Texas School Book Depository
- Churchill War Rooms
- National Archives
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- Crosby Marketing Communications
- Patriot Boot Camp
- Jen – Libra
- Hank & Gary Vaynerchuk – Scorpio
- Lacey – Virgo
More About Jen Pilcher
Thank You for Podcast Reviews!
We appreciate your review of Military Money Movement Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, iHeart Radio and Stitcher. It helps us make this podcast better and better. Plus it helps other people find us.
Connect With Us
- Subscribe to MilMoney Movement, Money Q & A, Military Side Hustles + The Military Money Expert™️
- Subscribe to the Military Money Movement Podcast on Apple or Android
- Follow us on Twitter: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Follow us on Instagram: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Like us on Facebook: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Hank & Lacey
These notes may contain links to our affiliate products or services which means we might get compensation when you click or buy. That said, we are only going to put affiliate links that are in line with our podcast discussion.