FTC Disclosure: Today’s episode is sponsored by USAA. Even though it’s sponsored, this episode contains our thoughts, stories, and opinions on life insurance.
Life insurance in the military is something that has to be talked about. It’s not only a benefit your eligible for while you serve, but it’s also something you need for your financial security. Life is going to happen. We can’t predict the future or stop things from happening but we can try to be prepared for them. Today we talk with Sean Scaturro from USAA to learn more about using life insurance to prepare for the future. And take care of our families.
Sean Scaturro is USAA’s director of life and health insurance advice. He’s a Certified Financial PlannerTM and holds his Life and Health, Property and Casualty, FINRA Series 6, 7, and 66 securities licenses. Talking about insurance on your life can be a touchy and often dreaded subject but Sean does an amazing job of making the discussion easy and approachable.
Here’s a breakdown of this show’s subjects:
- How USAA helps with life insurance
- USAA’s Military Future Insurability rider
- Insurability related to cancer and PTSD
- Dual Service members and insurance needs
- Family Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (FSGLI)
- Guardianship for minor children
This week’s Game Time is USAA Trivia!
What’s On Lacey’s Mind
Back for an encore are Lacey’s siblings, Jaime Kelbaugh and Brian Flanigan to talk about our own insurance and USAA’s Live Your Dream Sweepstakes.
Life Insurance Podcast Links
- USAA Military Future Insurability Rider “provides a 240-day window to buy additional life insurance to replace the Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (SGLI) coverage that ends when the member leaves the military through separation or retirement. The rider offers the same opportunity when Family Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (FSGLI) ends due to separation, retirement, divorce or death.”
- What You Need to Know About Military Life Insurance
- A Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Newton Peck
- USAA Life Insurance
- USAA’s Live Your Dream Sweepstakes
Thank You for Podcast Reviews!
We appreciate your review of Military Money Movement Podcast on Itunes. It helps us make this podcast better and better. Plus it helps other people find us.
Connect With Us
- Subscribe to MilMoney Movement, Money Q&A + The Military Money Expert™️
- Subscribe to the Military Money Movement Podcast on Apple or Android
- Follow us on Twitter: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Follow us on Instagram: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Like us on Facebook: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Hank & Lacey
These notes may contain links to our affiliate products or services which means we might get compensation when you click or buy. That said, we are only going to put affiliate links that are in line with our podcast discussion.