Making a game plan and learning how to invest for your Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) or your 401k retirement plan can be a little difficult if you don’t know what you’re doing. And, once you make decisions and set it up, that doesn’t mean you forget about it until you retire. No, you have to review and rebalance your investments to make sure they are in line with your plan.
In Episode 12 of the Military Money Movement Podcast, co-hosts Hank Coleman and Lacey Langford are talking with Chris Costello, CFP® from blooom. Chris is the chairman and co-founder of blooom which is a robo-advisor that helps you manage your retirement savings accounts. Blooom will help you review and rebalance your Thrift Savings Plan and 401k retirement accounts automatically.
Chris is a great storyteller who has you learning about rebalancing and retirement savings before you know it. He also shares an extremely valuable benefit of being a blooom member. I’ll give you a hint, it has to do with getting free financial advice.
In this episode we discuss:
- The retirement management options for the nonrich
- The free analysis blooom does on your account
- How awesome the Thrift Savings Plan is
- The secret to the three o’s in blooom
- What it means to “rebalance” your TSP or 401k and why it’s important
- What we can learn from the past to help our retirement savings
- Common mistakes people make with their TSP
This week’s Game Time is Guess What is Costs. Lacey’s ask Hank and Chris to name the prices of everyday items like eggs. You’ll have to listen to hear if they get anywhere near the right price.
What’s on Lacey’s Mind
This week it’s all about Yeti coolers! Lacey’s new Yeti Hopper BackFlip.
- Hank’s full review of Blooom on Money Q&A
- Check out their fun video to learn more about blooom
Connect with blooom
Thank You for Podcast Reviews!
We appreciate your review of Military Money Movement Podcast on Itunes. It helps us make this podcast better and better. Plus it helps other people find us.
Connect With Us
- Subscribe to MilMoney Movement, Money Q & A, Military Side Hustles + The Military Money Expert™️
- Subscribe to the Military Money Movement Podcast on Apple or Android
- Follow us on Twitter: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Follow us on Instagram: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Like us on Facebook: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Hank & Lacey
These notes may contain links to our affiliate products or services which means we might get compensation when you click or buy. That said, we are only going to put affiliate links that are in line with our podcast discussion.