In this week’s Episode #1 of the MilMoney Movement Podcast, co-hosts Lacey Langford and Hank Coleman talk with special guest, Danielle Town. She’s the Co-host of the InvestEd podcast and author of Invested with her father, Phil Town a legendary value investor. We talk with her about how she went from being exhausted and stressed out to formulate a plan for her financial freedom.
Learning to invest is a daunting task. There is an unlimited amount of information to learn and apply, to the point it feels like you’re drinking out of a firehose. Today, Danielle is breaking down how to make the task of investing simple, straightforward and approachable for everyone—not just number people.
What we’re talking about today:
- Little vs Big Investors
- Finding Freedom Money
- Fear of Losing Money
- Risk Tolerance
- Inflation (the silent killer of savings)
- Compound Interest
- What it’s Like Writing a Book with Your Dad
- Yoga and Meditation for Investing Practice
- Creating Your Investing Practice
- Index Funds vs. Individual Companies
- Challenges of Investing
- Past Money Issues
What’s on Lacey’s Mind
This week it’s Cobra Kai, Cable vs. Streaming Services, and Blue Apron
- Transcendental Meditation–David Lynch Foundation
- David Lynch Foundation for Veterans
- Howard Stern on Transcendental Meditation
- Headspace Meditation App
- Rule #1
- Payback Time
- Generation Z (comes after Millennials) – mid 1990s- mid 2000s
More About Danielle Town
Thank You for Podcast Reviews!
We appreciate your review of Military Money Movement Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, iHeart Radio and Stitcher. It helps us make this podcast better and better. Plus it helps other people find us.
Connect With Us
- Subscribe to MilMoney Movement, Money Q & A, Military Side Hustles + The Military Money Expert™️
- Subscribe to the Military Money Movement Podcast on Apple or Android
- Follow us on Twitter: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Follow us on Instagram: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Like us on Facebook: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Hank & Lacey
These notes may contain links to our affiliate products or services which means we might get compensation when you click or buy. That said, we are only going to put affiliate links that are in line with our podcast discussion.