FTC Disclosure: This is USAA sponsored post.
The Blended Retirement System (BRS) Opt-in period is coming to an end. For many military Servicemembers, that means a decision has to be made. Are you staying in the Legacy System or are you opting into the BRS? In this show, I’m talking with JJ Montanaro from USAA to discuss what the military community needs to consider when making their BRS Opt-in decision.
JJ is a Certified Financial Planner with USAA’s Military Advocacy Group. And he is here to bring his BRS money expertise to the show. He is sharing the ins and outs of the BRS and the tips you need to help make an informed BRS Opt-in decision before the December 31, 2018 deadline. It’s a great discussion about an important and timely topic. Listen to Game Time to find out who my surprise guest is from MilitaryByOwner
In this episode we talk about:
- What the Blended Retirement System is
- BRS Opt-in deadline
- Contribution rates
- The pros and cons of the BRS
- BRS tools and resources
- How to Opt-in
Thank You for Podcast Reviews!
We appreciate your review of Military Money Movement Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, iHeart Radio and Stitcher. It helps us make this podcast better and better. Plus it helps other people find us.
Connect With Us
- Subscribe to MilMoney Movement + The Military Money Expert™️
- Subscribe to the Military Money Movement Podcast on Apple or Android
- Follow us on Twitter: MilMoney Movement & Lacey
- Follow us on Instagram: MilMoney Movement & Lacey
- Like us on Facebook: MilMoney Movement & Lacey
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel & Lacey
These notes may contain links to our affiliate products or services which means we might get compensation when you click or buy. That said, we are only going to put affiliate links that are in line with our podcast discussion.